FIFTH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL
December 5 – 7, 2014
To all who have signed up: THANK YOU!
Sign up open thru Sunday night.
Read as much or as little as you want. Even a minute counts!
Because of the tremendous enthusiasm and spirit of those who participated over the last few years, it is my pleasure to once again host the Annual Holiday #Readathon! Together, we will make it even BETTER this year!
BONUS: SIGN UP & YOU’RE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED for a fabulous prize:
For everyone who signs up below through Mr. Linky, you are automatically entered for a special holiday drawing. One winner will have the opportunity to win two signed novels from Books of Wonder, http://www.booksofwonder.com (Total value not to exceed $40.00) A SECOND winner will choose one book. (Value not to exceed $20.00)
(Browse books. If BoW has a signed copy, it will say it next to the book’s information page. IF WE HAVE MORE PARTICIPANTS THAN LAST YEAR, (130) I will select another winner to receive one signed novel! Value not to exceed $20.00)
WHEN WE REACH 131 PARTICIPANTS: Two additional winners will get to choose one of my fav reads from 2014!
If you are from outside of the US, the prize will be a $40 gift certificate either to The Book Depository, Amazon, or BN.com
You do NOT need to participate in any other mini-challenge to qualify.
Sign up for the Holiday #Readathon is below – Fill in the simple Mr. Linky form! You can use a Twitter or Facebook URL if you don’t have a website.
If you have any questions or you are an author/blogger who would like to offer a mini-challenge, feel free to contact me (Liza) at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be updating the list of CONFIRMED bloggers/authors who are participating in giveaways as they come in as well as their mini-challenges/giveaways.
1. Joli from Actin’ Up with Books: Mini-challenge – available NOW!
On Joli’s blog: “Share the Perfect Book”
“I love to give books as gifts, whether it is for a birthday, a holiday, or just a special surprise. Tell me the book that you would like to give to a friend or family member, what the book means to you, and why you think it would make the perfect gift.
Prize: ONE Book valued up to $15.00 from Amazon, B&N, or The Book Depository
Choose a book character you want to spend the holidays with and tell us what you would be doing!
So we’re giving away a couple things here… for international followers, we’re giving away one book of choice from The Book Depository and for you US followers we’re giving away two hardcovers – Pawn by Aimee Carter & The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender!
Jenny will be sharing her favorite book covers with you on her blog. She wants you to share your favorites with her!
Winner will get a book of YOUR CHOICE, up to $20.00
4. Kassiah and Meg from Swoony Boys Podcast: Mini-challenge
Around here Christmas is all about good deeds and mistletoe. We want you to do a good deed by telling us all about the best kiss you’ve ever read. Of course if you want to get personal, we’d love to hear all about the best kiss you’ve ever had too! We are giving away a MEGA SWOON PACK to one lucky winner!
MEGA SWOON PACK
A Copy Of Anna and the French Kiss
A Sparkly Cover For Your Kindle
And Swag (stocking stuffers for any book lover!)
Good Will Towards Men.
Challengers Will leave a comment on my blog listing one good deed they have done or will do this Holiday Season : Buy a stranger Coffee at a drive through, Take a donation to Goodwill or a Food Bank, Donate to Toys for Tots etc.
One Winner will Receive a $10.00 Amazon Gift Card.
6. Katie from Mundie Moms: Final details to come – Pay it Forward. You could win a book in 2015 worth up to $20. Details here: Mundie Moms
7. Paper Lantern Lit: During the event, participants tweet: @paperlanternlit & holiday #Readathon with your fave holiday-themed book titles!
A prize-pack of PLL books (The Fury Trilogy, The Venom Trilogy, and The Truth or Dare series= 9 books, plus one bonus secret title!) to anyone who tweets #Readathon @paperlanternlit with their favorite Holiday-themed book titles!
8. Laurie Viera Rigler, author of Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict, Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict, & contributor to: Jane Austen Made Me Do It.
We’ve all said it: “This year is going to be different. This year I refuse to get stressed out during the holidays.”
We at Austen Addict Central would like to help you keep that promise.
We’ve got tips to help you melt away the stress of the holidays. We’ve also got a HOLIDAY READATHON DE-STRESSING PRIZE PACK that may just have your name on it.
FOR A SUPER-FAST WAY TO ENTER, CLICK HERE: Go to Laurie’s website
FOR 5 MORE CHANCES TO WIN:
- Choose the “Leaving a comment” option in the Rafflecopter below.
- Then, scroll down to the comments and share:
- ***Your go-to, feel-good read; and/or
- ***Your favorite way to pamper yourself; and/or
- ***Your favorite way to shine a little happiness on others.
9. Meghann from Becoming Books: Mini-challenge
Cover guess. The giveaway is a book of choice up to $15 open internationally as long as the Book Depository delivers for free. (Goes live midnight, December 6th.)
10. Lisa Amowitz, author of Vision, Breaking Glass:
In both my novels my main characters overcame huge obstacles. What challenge do you hope to meet this coming year? Tweet your answer with #Readathon to @Lisa_Amowitz for your chance to win one of her books!
11. Holly Schindler, author of A Blue So Dark, Playing Hurt, The Junction of Sunshine and Lucky, and Feral.
One lucky winner will win his or her choice of THE JUNCTION OF SUNSHINE AND LUCKY or FERAL.
12. Joe Roper, author of The Hunter Awakens: Book One of the Morus Chronicle
Tweet the title of your favorite middle grade or YA book to @jrroper holiday #Readathon and/or like my FB page and post your favorite middle grade or YA book title there with holiday #Readathon. Please tweet at the book’s author as well if they are on twitter to share the love and promote them
One lucky winner will win a copy of Joe’s MG novel (US only.)
13. (See my mini-challenge below.)
14. Cylin Busby, author of The Year We Disappeared: A Father – Daughter Memoir and Blink Once: Mini-challenge
“What would you give your favorite fictional character for the holidays?” Tweet answer to @cylinbusby with #Readathon any time during the readathon to be entered in giveaway and win one of Cylin’s books listed above.
9. Heidi from YA Bibliophile Mini-challenge –
Here’s your chance to win the DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE TRILOGY – two of the books are SIGNED. On Heidi’s blog, comment on: What do you need to make curling up with a book the perfect way to spend a day? After leaving your comment, fill in the Rafflecopter. It’s that easy!
(You do not have to sign up for my mini-challenge to participate in this readathon! All are welcome!)
Prize: All Participants for my Holiday #Readathon Challenge are automatically entered for a $20.00 gift certificate for Amazon.com or BN.com or The Book Depository– your choice! Just list your participation in COMMENTS! Give and you have a chance to receive! Winner will be randomly chosen.
1. Pledge a penny or two or three (or any amount you want!) per page that you read. Put a minimum number that you will pledge. For example: 100 pages – $1.00. And then donate the amount to your favorite charity.
2. ANY type of donation for the holiday season – a can(s) of food, book to a library, Toy for Tots, gently used books or clothes donated to a shelter, school – qualifies. OR volunteer your time at, for example, a soup kitchen or food bank. Just list it. (Feel free to come up with your own ideas!)
3. Click on comments below and share your pledge/donation. THIS IS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM!
Mini-challenges/giveaways end on Sunday, December 8th at midnight PST. Please note that all the bloggers/authors have their own rules for their challenges.
Please share what you’re reading and your progress during the Readathon on Twitter by including in your tweet – Holiday #Readathon.
Sunday, December 7th, 9-10PM EST, which can be accessed by entering #Readathon. We’ll talk about the books we are reading and holiday memories and anything else you’d like to share. I will be hosting several giveaways during that time.
Remember, this is a set-your-own-pace/start-whenever-you-want #readathon. Don’t wear yourself out. I’ll be cheering you all on and checking up on your progress. Have FUN!
– See more at: http://www.whorublog.com/2013/11/06/fourth-annual-holiday-readathon-december-6-8-2013/#sthash.eyTPuOWX.dpuf
Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here
to display it.