S
7th Annual Holiday #Readathon – Join us any time: December 2-4th
December 2nd, 2016 by Liza Wiemer

Seventh Annual International

HOLIDAY #READATHON

DECEMBER 2nd-4th, 2016

This is the NO PRESSURE, READ AS MUCH AS YOU WANT #Readathon
Joli, your host, is overjoyed to have you join us.

22663633The HELLO? Inspired Challenge: (Answer in comments or you can tweet me the answer @LizaWiemer)

A holiday tradition in Emerson’s family is everyone receives a book. Essentially, that’s the only “physical” gift they will get. Their big gift is a family activity, like a road trip to the caves of Kentucky or a trip to Memphis to see the Civil Rights Museum or a trip to Chicago to explore museums.

My mini-challenge is: What book would you give as a holiday gift and why?

Extra entry: If you chose to pass on other holiday gifts, and instead decide to take a road trip within reasonable distance of your home (so it’s affordable) where would you take a few days off to spend quality time with your loved one(s)?

PRIZES: US/Canada – An annotated copy of HELLO?.

International: A copy of HELLO? from The Book Depository

14 Responses
Kimberly Field writes:
December 2nd, 2016 at 12:21 pm

I would take a mini day trip to Hearst Castle, I have never been and it is so close! I would give out a variety of books. One of my favorites so far this season and would gift is Christmas at the Castle by Melissa McClone.

Katrina C writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 9:45 am

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It is one of my favorite books I read this year and the main character is so relatable.

Katrina C writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 9:48 am

If I were to take a trip this holiday season it would probably be to Branson, MO. It’s only a few hours from where I live and it’s a fun, family friendly place to visit.

Gabriella M writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 2:11 pm

I love gifting out a copy of The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley. I think I’ve given it as a gift at least 3 times. It’s honestly such a good book and I was so emotional when I was reading it.

Joli writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:14 pm

I’m giving a copy of Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. This book got me excited about reading YA again. I’m giving it along with another book that is mention in Everything, Everything and on a friend’s wishlist.

Liza Wiemer writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:37 pm

KM, I have never heard of Hearst Castle, so I’m going to look it up! Thank you for sharing!!!

Liza Wiemer writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Kimberly, never been to Branson, MO, so I am curious to find out how far it is from Milwaukee. I love road trips! And YES! Love Rainbow Rowell’s FANGIRL!

Liza Wiemer writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Gabriella, I have to admit that I’m not familiar with that book, but most definitely need to check it out. That’s high praise! Thanks for sharing!

Liza Wiemer writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Joli, outstanding choice! Thank you for hosting the Readathon!

Vanessa writes:
December 3rd, 2016 at 10:22 pm

The Legend of Holly Claus is a beautiful book that I’d give out for the holidays; it has the loveliest illustrations and is a fantastic story for all ages.

Liza Wiemer writes:
December 4th, 2016 at 11:56 am

Vanessa, thank you so much for sharing!!!

Alyssa L. writes:
December 4th, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne! It’s the perfect read to curl up by the fire with this winter. It’s short, sweet and full of fluff. :)

Liza Wiemer writes:
December 4th, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Alyssa, thank you so much for sharing! :)

Gabriella M writes:
December 5th, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I hope you do. It’s actually an adult debut from a few years ago.

It’s actually only a few dollars at bookoutlet. Gorgeous cover, deckled edges. http://bookoutlet.com/Store/Details/9780062194176B/the-promise-of-stardust