Subscribe in a reader
Challengers Will leave a comment on my blog listing one good deed they have done or will do this Holiday Season : Buy a stranger Coffee at a drive through, Take a donation to Goodwill or a Food Bank, Donate to Toys for Tots etc.
One Winner will Receive a $10.00 Amazon Gift Card.
We’ve all said it: “This year is going to be different. This year I refuse to get stressed out during the holidays.”
We at Austen Addict Central would like to help you keep that promise.
We’ve got tips to help you melt away the stress of the holidays. We’ve also got a HOLIDAY READATHON DE-STRESSING PRIZE PACK that may just have your name on it.
FOR A SUPER-FAST WAY TO ENTER, CLICK HERE: Go to Laurie’s website
FOR 5 MORE CHANCES TO WIN:
In both my novels my main characters overcame huge obstacles. What challenge do you hope to meet this coming year? Tweet your answer with #Readathon to @Lisa_Amowitz for your chance to win one of her books!
1. Pledge a penny or two or three (or any amount you want!) per page that you read. Put a minimum number that you will pledge. For example: 100 pages – $1.00. And then donate the amount to your favorite charity.
– See more at: http://www.whorublog.com/2013/11/06/fourth-annual-holiday-readathon-december-6-8-2013/#sthash.eyTPuOWX.dpuf
Second Annual Holiday #Readathon
Bonus: EVERYONE who signs
3. Author Laurie Viera Rigler: Mini-challenge – We all like to escape into a good novel and enter the lives of our favorite characters, especially during the holiday season. But did you ever wonder what your favorite characters read when they feel like entering another world? Let your imagination soar, and visit Laurie Viera Rigler’s blog (http://blog.janeaustenaddict.com/2011/11/holiday-readathon-double-giveaway.html) to enter this fun and easy challenge. You could win two books: THE JOURNEYS OF JOHN AND JULIA: GENESIS by Aurelia and RUDE AWAKENINGS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT by Laurie Viera Rigler.
9. Author Audrey Hart: Mini-challenge is if you could ask the Greek god Zeus any question, what would it be? Win the YA novel Zoe and Zeus (ebook edition). Post your answer on Twitter with the #ZoeandZeus or http://www.ZoeandZeus.com or http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13014354-the-dig
10. Rani from Perks of Being a Bookseller: Mini-challenge is what fictional character would you want to kiss under the mistletoe? Prize is a copy of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. http://perksofbeingabookseller.blogspot.com
11. Jen and Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts: Their mini-challenge – Share your favorite meme, find a meme you are going to join, or share a meme you would join if you had a blog and you will be entered to win one of three MG/YA ARCs. Three winners! http://www.teachmentortexts.com/
12. Cassay from Vamps, Weres, and Cassay OH My!: Mini-challenge is which reindeer is your favorite and why? One random lucky winner will receive a $15 shopping spree at the Book Depository! http://vampsweresandcassay.blogspot.com/
13. Courtney Rae from Courtney Reads: Mini-challenge is to share your favorite holiday dish or dessert and you’ll be entered to win a custom-made ornament by Courtney! http://courtney-reads.blogspot.com/
14. Stacy, Shannon, Nancy from Girls in the Stacks: Here’s their mini-challenge or as Girls In the Stacks call it “The Good Deed Mini-Challenge”
Welcome to the Holiday Read-A-Thon! I want to thank the Lesley from Young Adults Books Reviews http://yabreviewed.blogspot.com/ and Jami from YA Book Addict http://yaaddict.blogspot.com/ for inspiring this readathon and for participating with their own giveaways!
The mini-challenges/giveaways start on Thursday, December 2nd and end on Sunday, December 5th with different bloggers on different days. When we get closer, I will list by date. Please note that all the bloggers have their own rules for their challenges.
I will be on Twitter using the hashtag #readathon. Please feel free to let us know what you’re reading and how you are doing!
All Participants for my Holiday Readathon Challenge are automatically entered for a $15.00 gift certificate for Amazon.com or BN.com – your choice!
1. Pledge a penny, or two, or three (or any amount you want!) per page for the books that you will read. Put a minimum number that you will pledge. For example: 100 pages – $1.00.
2. THIS IS NEW -I’ve been asked if any type of donation for the holiday season – a can(s) of food, book to a library, Toy for Tots etc. – qualifies. YOU BET IT DOES! Keep up the awesome work! Just list it.
3. Click on comments below and write down your pledge per page and your e-mail address. Example:
I pledge 2 cents per page. 500 pages – $10.00. WhoRuBlog@aol.com
4. THIS IS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM! Donate the dollar amount to a charity of your choice to make a child happy over the holidays or use it to buy a toy or book for any holiday collection or donate a book to your local library.
Remember, this is a set your own pace/start whenever you want readathon. Don’t wear yourself out,
I will be cheering you all on and checking up on your progress. I hope you all have a lot of fun!